Grading Scale for Quizzes
Quizzes are graded on a modified pass/fail system. For all of the quizzes, you are allowed to repeat these as many times as you want. Only your best score is used to calculate your grade for each quiz.
When you click on a link to start a quiz, an introductory page appears that contains the deadline and the pass rate for this quiz.
If you complete a quiz before the deadline, quiz grades will be based on the following.
- If you get a perfect score on this quiz, you earn a 10% bonus and your score will be recorded in the course gradebook as 110%.
- If you miss one or more questions but still pass, your score will be recorded in the course gradebook as 100%.
- If you fail the quiz but get one or more questions correct, your score will be recorded in the course gradebook as 50%.
If you complete a quiz after the deadline, quiz grades will be based on the following.
- There is no perfect score bonus for late quizzes.
- You must pass a quiz after the deadline in order to earn any credit for this quiz.
- If you pass a quiz after the deadline, there is a 10% deduction for each day late if completed within 5 days of the deadline.
- After 5 days past the deadline, a passing attempt will be recorded in the course gradebook as 50%.
|Bonus: Mastery (Perfect score)|
|Full Credit: Passed quiz before deadline|
|Partial Credit: You didn't pass this quiz before the deadline|
|No Credit: You did not get any questions right on this quiz|
|You have not yet passed, but it is before the deadline|