Computer/Technology Requirements for Online Courses
Listed below are KSU recommendations for online courses administered through Blackboard Learn and should be sufficient for all content on my course website. Additional information can be found on the KSU Technology Requirements page.
- Laptop or Desktop with a minimum of 4GB RAM and a 2MHz processor.
- A DSL or cable connection (or faster) is necessary. Dial-up is typically not acceptable, particularly for proctored exams.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (or newer) OR Mac OS X 10.6 (or newer) is supported by KSU
- A modern web browser. For online exams, the newest version of Google Chrome is required.
- A PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
Blackboard Learn provides a Browser Checker tool that can be used to verify that your computer is supported. For my courses, the only "Optional Technologies" required is PDF Viewing. While this tool does not appear to test your internet connection speed nor if you have installed the Proctorio plugin required for online testing with Proctorio, it is a convenient first check of your system.